Healthy, Organic Chicken from Tide Mill Organic Farm
During the pasturing season (this year is looking like the end of May - October), we raise our chickens within a rotationally grazed system with our dairy cattle. The chickens are raised within a "chicken tractor" that is an enclosed box without a floor. This gives them protection from predators, such as fox, coyote, raccoons, eagles and owls. It allows them to eat fresh grass and spread their manure directly on the field, fertilizing our pastures. The dairy cows graze a few days to a few weeks ahead of our chicken tractors, eating the grass down to ideally a 3 inch level. The height of the grass is important so the birds can maximize their grazing and the chickens can help control parasites in our cows.
Our birds are given access to fresh, green pasture, certified organic grains, seaweed, mineral supplements, fresh water, and plenty of bugs. We pay attention to health of our birds and raise our chickens with care and respect. We do not give them any antibiotics or growth hormones.
Fresh chicken is available weekly. We process our birds on farm and we assure you of the care taken to harvest and process the birds. They are clean and as beautiful as a raw chicken in a package can be!
Our Cornish Cross chickens weigh between 3 1/2 and 5 pounds. We are currently harvesting fresh chicken every week and have plenty of whole birds and a variety of cuts available for sale.
|Whole Chicken: Heart, Liver, & Neck Included||$5.15/lb||Available|
|Half chickens and Leg/Thigh Quarters||$5.50/lb||Available|
|Drumsticks and Wings||$5.00/lb||Available|
|Backs and Feet||$1.50/lb.||Available|
The Tide Mill Organic Chicken Difference
- Our birds taste fabulous. Their full, rich flavor reflects the care given to the quality of their healthy, respected lives.
- Our birds are raised on fresh, green pasture, foraging every day.
- Our birds are fed certified organic grains, ensuring to the fullest extent there is no genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in our chicken.
- Our birds have access to fresh air and clean water for their entire lives.
- Our birds are given seaweed and mineral supplements, whose benefit is passed on to you with increased vitamin and mineral content.
- Our birds are not given any growth hormones or antibiotics.
- Our birds are part of the whole farm ecosystem on Tide Mill Farm, a diverse family farm that has spanned nine generations on the shores of Cobscook Bay.